With that being said, they are just that, my thoughts, and those of no one else. They are not up for judgement nor meant as judgement... however, a healthy discussion about one's thoughts never hurt anyone.
Expect me to be brutally honest; I always am. My husband often says, " Can't you lie just a little."... To which my answer is always an absolute, "NO!!!" My goal is to be thoughtful and tactful, but more often than not, it just needs to be said how it is. Being cruel isn't who I am nor what I'm actually even talking about here... because when you live with a life-long, never going away (unless God decides to heal me), nasty, and sometimes debilitating disease such as Crohn's... honesty is the only policy.
Me and My Purpose (as I know it thus far):
* I am just 3 1/2 months away from the big 3-0 (and could care less)
* I have been married for almost 2 years but we've been together for almost 13
* My family is my everything and they give me so much joy. I do everything I possibly can for and with them.
* I graduated from college with a degree in Elementary Education and I use my degree everyday but have never taught in a classroom of my own.
* I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at 15 and Crohn's at 20 but they say it's almost impossible that I had one and now have the other but I've never had any symptoms that belonged to the other while under each diagnosis.
* Crohn's is a big part of who I've become but doesn't define me nor own me (even when it's at it's worse).
* I want children but haven't quite decided whether I'm willing to medicate myself for the rest of my life just to have them on my own.
* I'm still trying to find my place in life by giving more of myself to God so he can show me my real path.
* Music stirs my heart. It's a window to one's soul. Is it any wonder I'm married to a musician?!?!
* Caring for others is my passion... I always put others before myself and sometimes I have to be reminded that we're all ultimately responsible for our own selves and decisions.
* I'm a lover and a fighter but not at the cost of someone else's happiness.
And lastly for the moment... I'm stronger today than yesterday and that alone is enough to get me through!!!
I hope you enjoy the read and I would love your feedback and/or suggestions...